- Offers 24-hour defense against nicotine cravings
- Patented SmartControl technology helps provide controlled release of therapeutic nicotine for 24 hours
- Includes free access to Committed Quitters, an online resource that can give you an individualized stop-smoking plan
- Step 1 of NicoDerm's 3-step program
- May cause allergies, interfere with medication, or increase heart rate and blood pressure; please read all label information on delivery
Nicotine Transdermal System. 21 mg delivered over 24 hours. If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day; start with Step 1. 10 or less cigarettes per day; start with Step 2. Contains: 14 patches, Committed Quitters Program enrollment form, user's guide, CD and child resistant disposal tray. Not for sale to those under 18 years of age. Proof of age required. Not for sale in vending machines or from any source where proof of age cannot be verified. NicoDerm CQ is a three step program. You start with the highest level of medicine and gradually step down your dose. If you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, start with Step 2. To increase your success in quitting: 1. You must be motivated to quit. 2. Complete the full treatment program, applying a new patch every day. 3. Use with a support program as described in the enclosed User's Guide. For your family's protection, NicoDerm CQ patches are supplied in child resistant pouches. What is the NicoDerm CQ Patch and how is it used? NicoDerm CQ is a small, nicotine-containing patch. When you put on a NicoDerm CQ patch, nicotine passes through the skin and into your body. NicoDerm CQ is very thin and uses special material to control how fast nicotine passes through the skin. Unlike the sudden jolts of nicotine delivered by cigarettes, the amount of nicotine you receive remains relatively smooth throughout the 24 to 16 hour period you wear the NicoDerm CQ patch. This helps to reduce cravings you may have for nicotine. Read carton and enclosed User's Guide before using this product. Keep the carton and User's Guide. They contain important information. Tips now on CD to help make quitting easier.
From the Manufacturer
The NicoDerm CQ patch releases a steady flow of nicotine into the body through the skin. A new patch is applied every 24 hours on dry, clean, hairless skin. Used over a 10 week period with 3 strengths, or steps, the patch gradually and smoothly reduces the level of nicotine in the body. If you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, start with Step 1. If you smoke 10 or fewer cigarettes per day, start with Step 2. NicoDerm CQ is an effective form of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), a proven ally for the person committed to quitting smoking.
To increase your success in quitting:
- You must be motivated to quit.
- Complete the full treatment program, applying a new patch every day.
- Use with a support program as described in the enclosed User's Guide.